Legacy Mainframe and Midrange Applications
IT organizations who are running their strategic, mission-critical applications on mainframes (big iron) or mid-range platforms are under enormous pressure to re-platform and modernize. The challenges of staying on these systems increase by the day:
- The underlying monolithic application architecture of these systems is built on top of old procedural software development languages, rendering it impossible to rapidly evolve and reuse some of its core business functions.
- The cost of hardware and software licenses is too high.
- The technical subject matter experts are retiring in large numbers creating enormous pressure on IT to support and evolve its software systems to adequately support its business.
- The underlying tools are too old further inhibiting productivity and time to market.
- The price to performance ratio for the big iron has been eclipsed by cloud computing dominated by cheap x86-based Intel processors.
- The overall architecture of applications built on top of these old platforms is increasingly resistant to the leading development practices, namely Agile, DevOps and other established best practices such as design thinking.
Any one of the pain points above is a strong-enough incentive to modernize. We are at the cross roads of major technical revolution knows as “digital transformation”, where Web meets Mobile, which meets Big Data, which meets Cloud, which meets IoT, which meets Machine Learning.
The Easy Path to Modernization
Our modernization solutions use our Modernization Lifecycle Platform (MLP) to manage the entire lifecycle of modernizations, accelerating projects by using best-of-breed migration and automation engines. Our systematic approach to modernization powered by automation, traceability, and transparency eliminates the need for development freezes. We save thousands of hours on manual efforts, reduce risk of introducing unexpected and random errors, and guarantee 100% functional equivalency while gaining the latest web, mobile, cloud, and microservices capabilities.
3GL Programming Languages
3270 & 5250
CA Gen / Cool:Gen
EGL (Enterprise Generation Language)